Flexible Teaching is an approach to course design and delivery that helps students learn and succeed in any mode: face-to-face, online, or hybrid.
Choose from one of the guides below to begin developing your flexible course.
A Guide to Course Design
A Guide to Course Materials
- 8 Strategies to Prevent Teaching Burnout
- Recommendations to Increase Student Engagement in Online Courses
- Research-based Online Teaching Principles for Success
- 5 Tips for Moving from Remote Instruction to Quality Online Learning
- Building a HyFlex Course to Support Student Success (webinar recording)
- Designing Multimedia Presentations for Your Course
Didn't find what you were looking for? Need more information?
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Flexible Teaching guides were developed by Duke Learning Innovation and adapted for NIU by the Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning. They are shared under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.